20090125

Dracula

Stoker, Bram (1897), Dracula

I love this story since the movie of "Bram Stoker's Dracula" (1993), which however, was a love story of Dracula rather than the vampire hunting movie.

The original novel by Stoker in 1897 describing a horror journey from the side of human: Mina, Jonathan, Lucy, Dr Seward, Van Helsing, etc. In the 19th century, it would have been creative in storytelling. But I, all-in-all, preferred much from the point of view of Dracula:
  • Why did he choose Lucy as his victim when he arrived London?
  • Why would he like to bring Mina into Undead with him (letting her to drink his blood, but not sucking on her)? Why Mina?
  • As Dracula grew younger when he arrived London, it pointed out that he became stronger. He should have destroy his enemy (human) with his power at night, but...

Anyway, I enjoy reading all legend of vampire, where the most difficulties is the language. I have read this original story for ages (possibly since 2005), some chapters are bit boring or hard to understand that drove me to drop it down again and again.

Fortunately I have indulged myself with the river of English reading recently, the Dracula was opened again and became my reading in bed.

It is grateful to finish on reading it finally! Let me move on to the Frankenstin!!

沒有留言: