20090302

Frankenstein

Mary Shelley (1831), Frankenstein

This is my second reading in 2009 (finished at the end of Feb09, following my schedule).

I used to think that the creature (or monster?) was named as "Frankenstein", which I believed it happened on most persons, "Frankenstein" is the surname of the creator : Victor Frankenstein. Both Mary nor Victor did not assigned a name for the creature.

For easier understanding, let's using "Frankenstein" in the below.

Reading throught the whole book, Frankenstein must be the main character. It was touching for he talked about his life near the cottage, with a family without knowing his existence. (sorry that I have no feeling about Victor's life)

However, I was doubted why Frankenstein looked disgustion? I believe Victor combined body parts for creating Frankenstein, he should cut off a head but no need to distroy the face....

沒有留言: